Skip to Content
University of California
West Side Research and Extension Center
- Kern County University of California Cooperative Extension - “The Kern County Cooperative Extension office is most commonly recognized as the Farm and Home Advisors Office. Cooperative Extension advisors are local representatives of the University of California and the resources of the institution are as close as your telephone and a local call.”
Source: Kern County Cooperative Extension web site –“About us”
- Fresno County University of California Cooperative Extension - “Farm advisors provide research and education programs that support Fresno County growers and consumers.”
Source: Fresno County Cooperative Extension Website – “We Deliver the Future” from Section “What We Contribute to Fresno County”
- Tulare County University of California Cooperative Extension - “Offering science-based solutions for farms, communities, families & environment”
Source: Tulare County Cooperative Extension Website – Home page
- Kings County University of California Cooperative Extension - “County farm advisors, backed by campus-based research specialists, search out practical, research-based solutions to a wide variety of challenges -- developing more productive crop varieties, better ways to manage livestock waste, new marketing approaches and more.”
Source: Kings County Tulare County Cooperative Extension Website – UCCE Kings County Ag Programs
- Vegetable Research & Information Center - “VRIC's mission is to foster appropriate research, collect and disseminate information relevant to consumers, growers and processors in the California vegetable industry and to continue its role as a leader and nationally-recognized source of research and information in support of the vegetable industry.”
Source: Vegetable Research and Information Center Website – Home page
- Agronomy Research & Information Center - Providing Crop & Contact information specifically for alfalfa, beans, cotton, rice, & small grains
- California Drought Watch UC Davis - “This site was created to help the public learn about the importance of the drought and how to navigate through it. Web content is generated by UC Davis water, agricultural and environmental sciences researchers, students, and affiliated water organizations throughout the state. Visitors to the site will have access to the latest California drought news, renowned experts and tips for practicing and embracing sustainable living.”
Source: Drought UC Davis Website - About California Drought Watch
- Conservation Agriculture Systems Innovation - “The Mission of the Conservation Tillage & Cropping Systems Workgroup is to accelerate the adoption of conservation cropping systems by California farmers.”
Source: CASI Website - Mission and Strategic Planning
- California Cotton Production Information - Provides information on production guidelines, variety selections, and cost studies.
Source: Home page navigation pane
- UC IPM - UC IPM is a Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program.
“Integrated pest management, or IPM, is a process you can use to solve pest problems while minimizing risks to people and the environment. IPM can be used to manage all kinds of pests anywhere—in urban, agricultural, and wildland or natural areas.”
Source: UC IPM website – What is IPM?
Webmaster Email: firstname.lastname@example.org